Today's post is all about my current after shower routine and the products that I use. These are products that I have been using pretty consistently for at least a year or more! My routine has been extended a bit, as I am putting more effort into styling my hair as I have a cut with a lot of layers.
I am a night shower person. I enjoy getting into bed nice and clean!
I tend to have a bunch of different face serums, lotions, oils, etc. that I alternate using depending on how I am feeling that evening. I have combination skin, where I am oily in my t-zone. If you have oily skin, don't be afraid of using oils and serums. Oily skin still needs hydration. If I am buying a moisturizer, I tend to try and stick to gel or water moisturizers. It avoids a lot of the added grease you may feel from traditional moisturizers. I also stick to more of a dry oil or serums that sink into the skin with no residue.
If I have any left over makeup on after my shower, I use this face wash:
Here are all the products I rotate between:
3. Trader Joe's Ultra Hydrating Gel Moisturizer - If you have a Trader Joe's, run to get this! It is a $7 dupe to some expensive moisturizers
2. CHEST / NECK
This might seem like a weird one, but trust me, like the tops of your hands, your chest and neck are other places, that if not taken care of, can age really quickly. I had also noticed that my check was super dry and had little bumps. Once I started applying this product to my neck and chest after every shower, it really changed the look and feel! I highly recommend adding this to your routine.
These are the two products I rotate between:
Bonus: I use this E.L.F. silicone spatula to scoop out products from pots. It keep the product from getting stuck under my nails!
If you don't currently, I HIGHLY recommend using lotion right after you get out of the shower. I have been doing this for years and it has really helped my skin feel hydrated, especially after years of sun bed tanning. The brand Soap & Glory is my ride or die lotion. I was turned on to it about 5 years ago when I received a small sample in a subscription box. The scent is unique, but it is AMAZING!
There are two formulas for the Righteous Butter. I use both:
I've been such a low maintenance hair person for so long. Since I shower at night, I used to go to bed with wet hair and pretty much wake up, run a brush through it and go. Now that I have a cut with a lot more layers, I have been taking the time after my shower to add some product, do a quick dry of the top layers, which has really helped with how my hair looks in the morning. These are the products I highly recommend!
1. Wetbrush: If you have never used one before, where have you been! This is the only brush that works through tangles on wet and dry hair without damaging your hair. The bristles are super flexible so it works WITH your hair, not against.
2. Root Volume Spray: Kenra: I have super flat hair so before I start to blow dry my hair, I spray this in my roots. It really makes a difference
3. Revlon One Step Hair Dryer: This thing is life changing! I have been using it for about 6 months and it gives you a nice blow out and volume to your hair!
4. Macadamia Hair Oil Treatment: After I blow dry my hair, I apply a few drops of this to the ends of my hair and it leaves them super soft and not greasy!
I HATE having dry lips. It is one of my pet peeves. I always have to have some sort of lip product on me at all times. At night though, I love a good lip mask. They tend to be a bit thicker so they really hydrate your lips overnight.
The is the only one I use at night:
Do you have products you use after the shower that you can't live without? Leave them in the comments, I would love to try them out!